STANDARDIZED DRESS EXPECTATIONS
If you have questions about McClure's Dress Code please refer to the Tulsa Public School District's Uniform Policy:
McClure Elementary Dress Code Requirements are as follows:
- Solid polo-style shirts with a collar (red, white, or navy).
- Undershirts and leggings/tights must be matching school colors (red, navy, black or white)
- Plain solid color sweatshirts/sweaters (black, red, or navy) may be worn over the uniform collared shirt.
- Solid-colored pants, shorts, capris or skirts (navy or khaki ONLY) – NOT black jeans.
- Solid-colored belts (black or brown)
- Clothing should be solid without designs, decals, or logos. No designs or other colors are permitted.
- Athletic shoes only. No sandals, flip flops, or dress shoes.
- PLEASE NOTE: If a student comes to school in a sweater, sweatshirt or jacket that is NOT in dress code, they will be required to remove the item and store it in their backpack. They may not put the item back on at dismissal time. If you wish for your child to wear a sweater or jacket during the school day that item MUST be solid navy, white, or red with no designs, words or logos.
McClure Wireless Communication Policy
At McClure our priority is focused instructional time for students. Our mission is to protect students from disruptions so they can achieve their goals in a safe environment. Beginning with the school year 2015-2016 we will implement the following Wireless Communication Device policy for all students.
All Wireless Communication Devices must be completely turned off and in a student’s locker or turned into the teacher.
It may not be carried by a student. We have a large locking box in the front office to safely accommodate all student cell phones.
Infractions to this policy
• 1st offense- Wireless Communication Device confiscated and returned to student at end of the day. A
referral logged in Power School for the disruption.
• 2nd offense- Wireless Communication Device sent to Tulsa Public Schools Campus Police, a referral
logged in Power School for the disruption, and student will be assigned to in-school suspension.
• 3rd offense- Wireless Communication Device sent to Tulsa Public Schools Campus Police, a referral
logged in Power School for disruption, and student is issued an out-of-school suspension.